Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lee McGroarty responds to Marc Harris and not being able to speak at Tea Party Event

Yesterday we posted a story that 42nd Congressional candidate Lee McGroarty was not allowed to speak at a Tea Party event, while fellow candidate Phil Liberatore was. Later Marc Harris, the person several commenters stated was the person who didn't allow McGroarty to speak, responded to the issue. In his response Harris said there was, "suspicion now being raised that McGroarty has made a back-room deal with Miller to stay in the race in order to split the vote, and ensure Miller's re-election."

McGroarty responded in two comments.

To continue reading click Read More below.



####
My name is Lee McGroarty. I am writing this personally. I wish no disrespect to Marc or the NOCCC. Though I felt disappointed by not being allowed to speak after being attacked by Rick Amato, I understood.

However, when Mr. Harris accused me of taking money from Miller to stay in the race, it struck at my heart and soul. I served our great country for 6 years in the military and for you to attack me in such a way was an insult to anyone running for office let alone an honored veteran of our Armed Forces.

You are better than that Marc. You espouse yourself as a defender of Tea Party ideals yet yesterday, you became the very person your group detests. You chose to defame a candidate for Congress solely because you believe he stands in the way of your candidate winning.

Let me be clear so there is no misunderstanding. I have raised as much as Phil if not more. I have spent less than 90% of what Phil has yet I have been on the front cover of 7 local newspapers since May 4th; Fox 11 for 2 1/2 minutes on one of the hardest hitting pieces of journalism against Congressman Miller; KFI Radio for 2 days with Miller and me battling it out (in fact, more than 30 airings of the "Little Girl" comment ran during one day of radio news; and three editorials between me and Asst. Secretary of HUD Orlando Cabrera. Some people have placed this news coverage at more than $1 million in "paid advertising" yet I spent ZERO for it. I was covered because I did my research and spent 7 months investigating while Phil was deciding whether to enter the race or not. How many times has Phil been covered? Hmmmm. Still waiting?

Marc, you sold your soul and your principles for money. In fact, I know your price. Your vote was bought for $725,000 yet you sling allegations towards me and insult me by saying I took bribes from Miller. I'm sure Miller will not be sending me a Christmas card this year though you think he and I are cozy now. That's hilarious.

One last point: How can any of us expect a BIG SPENDER like Phil to go to Washington and CUT SPENDING?$725,000 is a lot of money. Who do you think he will be beholden too to get that money paid back? Remember, he LOANED his campaign the money!

I owe no one and am owed nothing. Phil cannot say the same.
####

The second comment.

###
This is Lee McGroarty again. Marc, I read your comments about the polls. As I mentioned yesterday, if Phil's polling was so good, why didn't he produce mailers touting his great poll numbers? The reason I didn't know of any polls is that there are NONE! Liberatore released polls today that are HIS OWN!

Oh, so there is no ambiguity in the actual poll numbers, I was planning on voting for myself so I don't believe I am at 0%!!! Unless you think that I am truly that cozy with Miller that you think I am voting for him?

The answer is that you and Liberatore are trying to pull the wool over the voters' eyes and it won't work. Your guy is scared because he spent 3/4 of a Million Dollars and he may not win.

You can't buy someone's votes without ideas. I have been endorsed by numerous Tea Parties -- unlike Phil who has received ABSOLUTELY ZERO Tea Party Group endorsements. Yet, you call him the choice of the majority of Tea Party members. You may want to check that poll again. Your numbers seem to be a bit off.
####

No comments:

Post a Comment