Tuesday, May 11, 2010

An interview with Phil Liberatore Part 1 of 4; New Comments on "Tax Fraud" signs

This week we will be posting our email interview with 42nd Congressional candidate Phil Liberatore. To be timely I wanted to post his comments on the "Tax Fraud" signs separately before posting the rest of the interview. He submitted this comment along with the rest of his answers.

We posted his comments just as we received it.

Liberatore is challenging Rep. Gary Miller, Lee McGroarty and David Su for the Republican nomination in the 42nd Congressional district.

Response to Gary Miller signs
Phil Liberatore: Incumbent Gary Miller recently placed signs around the district attacking me as “Tax Fraud” Phil. The charges are absolutely false and unfounded. I have never been under investigation, charged or convicted for tax fraud. I am a CPA with thousands of clients and not one person who I have prepared their tax return has ever been charged or convicted of tax fraud. What this tells me is that our campaign of talking about the issues and is resonating with people. From the voters I talk to Gary should be scared, as they are upset about the bailouts and lack of fiscal responsibility. I have fielded dozens of emails and calls today from people giving me their support from Gary’s campaign putting up the signs.

There is no truth to the charge of tax fraud it is just Gary Miller slinging mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment