Tuesday, November 10, 2009

McGroarty website announces support of Chino Valley Teachers Union President

Lee McGroarty campain website now lists the support of Justine Cunningham, President of the Associated Chino Teachers (A.C.T.) Union. An interesting endorsement. It will hurt him in the primary election but, if he wins, help him in the general election.

As the president of the Chino Valley Teachers Union, I am usually meeting with Democratic leaders, not Republicans. Lee reached out to me and we met for almost an hour. I told Lee "I have learned more in the last 45 minutes than I have speaking with any politician." I meant it. I also asked him "Why are you meeting with me, since our union usually sides with Democratic issues." Lee answered, "My mother and father were union people all their lives. The unions and the Repubican Party have very little in common. I want to change that. I want to open a dialog between the unions and me. Let's see if we can find common ground." Never once have I had our current Congressman meet with me. I was very impressed with his candor and sincerity. This country needs new leadership on both sides of the aisle. I hope Lee comes out on top because he convinced me that he is for real.

- Justine Cunningham, President of the Chino Valley Teachers Union


1 comment: