Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Update 2: McGroarty for Congress website touts support from Gayle Pacheco

Earlier today we ran the following story and update
#####
The McGroarty campaign website is touting the support of Gayle Pacheco, wife of former Assemblyman Robert Pacheco.

I had the pleasure of meeting with Lee less than a month ago. The first thing I saw was his passion for America and his family. He is not a politician but an average citizen that decided the status-quo was not good enough. He needs all our support because our current Congressman has not fulfilled his obligations as our representative in Washington. Lee will bring new solutions to very difficult and challenging problems. I am behind him 100% and we need the People to step up and get him elected.

- Gayle Pacheco, President, Four Corners Chapter of California Women's Leadership Association (CWLA)

Update: Mr. McGroarty commented that we were falsely reporting that Mrs. Pacheco has endorsed him. I have changed the story and title to take out the word "endorse". However, the quote we have is from his website so we are leaving the majority of the post.

####

Now we discover that the quote was made up. We received the following comment from Mrs. Pacheco.

"This is Gayle Pacheco. I emphatically deny ever writing this piece. I never saw this until today. I have not endorsed Lee McGroarty for Congress. I met with Mr. McGroarty several months ago I told him I would not support his running against Congressman Gary Miller. This is a complete fabrication by the McGroarty campaign. In addition, I just spoke with Congressman Gary Miller personally and assured him that he has, as he always has, my complete loyalty and support. "

I will blog more about this later today.

5 comments:

  1. My name is Lee McGroarty. The posting that states that Gayle Pacheco endorsed Lee McGroarty is a complete fabrication. I want to make it very clear that Gayle Pacheco has neither endorsed nor gave any indication that she was supporting our campaign. In fact, she has not. I have personally contacted Gayle Pacheco and expressed my personal apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I will delete the word "endorse" but her quote from your website states, "I am behind him 100% and we need the people to step up and get him elected." That sounds like support to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Gayle Pacheco. I emphatically deny ever writing this piece. I never saw this until today. I have not endorsed Lee McGroarty for Congress. I met with Mr. McGroarty several months ago I told him I would not support his running against Congressman Gary Miller. This is a complete fabrication by the McGroarty campaign. In addition, I just spoke with Congressman Gary Miller personally and assured him that he has, as he always has, my complete loyalty and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Pacheco, thank you for your comment and clarification.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting my comments. As I told Congressman Gary Miller this morning, he has my complete support. Congressman Gary Miller has done a tremendous job, not only for his District and California, but for our entire country. He has been, and continues to be, a great representative. We are privileged to have him serve us in Congress!

    ReplyDelete