Monday, May 24, 2010

Phil Liberatore responds to his picture in Rep. Gary Miller mail piece, not content

For a few weeks now mail pieces from Rep. Gary Miller and 42nd Challenger Phil Liberatore have been flying back and forth. I haven't been posting them because all of the information can be found on their web sites and there have been a lot of pieces. However, this time I have decided to talk about one.

Rep. Gary Miller sent out a piece in which he mentions several lawsuits Phil Liberatore has been involved in. All of them are on the anti-Liberatore Miller put up, Phil Liberatore for Congress, so I linked to them.

First, he mentions Liberatore was sued by the U.S. Department of Labor for not paying his employees overtime. Second, Miller mentions Liberatore sued his own employee for over a million dollars for taking a side job. Finally, Miller mentioned that Liberatore sued a roofing company because the tar smelled. Miller also lists all of the lawsuits Liberatore has been involved in by case number.

The two pictures on the front of the mail piece are from the youtube video of Liberatore boxing for his 55th Birthday. We posted about that video in March.

Liberatore has responded to the mail piece on his facebook page.

"You may received a mailer with me on the cover sent by my opponent Gary Miller. I think he used it trying to embarrassing me but why? I set a goal of getting in shape and sparring five rounds with my boxing trainer. I am very proud to say I accomplished this goal and before we started sparring I did 55 push ups. It wa...s a great birthday party with wife, friends and co-workers there for the main event. As I walk the district people tell me we need to send a fighter to Washington not another incumbent politician. Take a look at the video and tell me what you think! You can post a message about it to my Campaign Facebook page."

I have not noticed Liberatore or Miller commenting on any specific mail piece in the past. So it is interesting that Liberatore would comment on this one. What is more interesting to me is that he didn't respond to being sued by the U.S. Department of Labor, suing his own employee for taking a side job or suing a roofing company because the tar smelled. He only responded to the boxing pictures of him being used.

1 comment:

  1. I've been following your pieces, lucky. It is interesting to me how one-sided you are. It seems like all of the candidates have something to offer. Not all of them are best, but nonetheless, you seem to paint Miller as the cream of the crop. He's just as messy, if not moreso from what I've seen.

    ReplyDelete